Randle leads Cal to 72-69 win over Utah
SALT LAKE CITY (AP)—Jerome Randle scored 21 points and hit a 3-pointer with 6.1 seconds left to lead Cal to a 72-69 win over Utah on Wednesday night.
Patrick Christopher and Theo Robertson added 17 points apiece for the Golden Bears (7-2), but Christopher nearly cost Cal the victory.
His intentional foul on Utah’s Carlon Brown with just under a minute left in the game allowed the Utes to score three straight points and tie the game 69-69 with 40 seconds left.
Cal ran down most of the clock before Randle hit the game-winning shot.
Luke Nevill led Utah (5-3) with 18 points, while Tyler Kepkay added 17 and Brown had 15.
The Utes, who defeated Cal last season in the last second, played without starting point guard Luka Drca, who was out with a sprained ankle.
- WAC commissioner slams Nevada, Fresno State for leaving
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics