Tulsa edges Missouri State 70-67
TULSA, Okla. (AP)—Glenn Andrews sank two free throws with 16.4 seconds left to help Tulsa edge Missouri State 70-67 on Wednesday night.
Andrews went to the foul line after Wade Knapp cut Missouri State’s deficit to one point with 17 seconds remaining in the game. The Bears’ Chris Cook missed a 3-point shot at the end that would’ve tied the game.
Jerome Jordan led the Golden Hurricane (5-4) with 21 points and nine rebounds, Andrews had 17 points and nine rebounds and Ben Uzoh added 14 points and six rebounds.
Kyle Weems made four-of-five 3-pointers to lead Missouri State (4-3) with 18 points and Knapp finished with 16.
Tulsa led 36-31 at the half, but that advantage was only at three, 66-63, when Stephen Idlet hit a rebound basket for the Golden Hurricane with 1:56 to play.
It was Tulsa’s only basket in the final five minutes.
- Colorado holds off USC 66-60
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win