E. Illinois 76, Evansville 80
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP)—Jason Holsinger scored 31 points and Evansville defeated Eastern Illinois 80-76 on Wednesday night.
Holsinger made 6 of 12 3-pointers and all seven of his free throws. Shy Ely scored 15 points and James Haarsma added 10 for the Purple Aces (6-1).
T.J. Marion scored 27 points and Romain Martin added 26 for Eastern Illinois. They combined to shoot 20-for-32 from the field for the Panthers (2-6).
Eastern Illinois shot 50 percent from the field in the game, but Evansville outscored the Panthers 23-11 from the free-throw line.
Evansville jumped out to a 12-2 advantage and led by as many as 14 points in the first half before settling for a 45-37 edge at the break.
Eastern Illinois cut its deficit to 53-51 on a 3-pointer by Billy Parrish with just over 14 minutes to play, but the Panthers got no closer.
- E. Illinois 76, Evansville 80
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot