Butler beats Bradley 87-75
PEORIA, Ill. (AP)—Freshmen Gordon Hayward and Shelvin Mack each scored 20 points to lead Butler to an 87-75 win over Bradley on Wednesday night.
Butler (8-0) jumped out to a 36-21 lead, thanks in part to five 3-pointers from Hayward. The Bulldogs shot 59 percent from the field, including 8-for-16 from 3-point range, in the first half and led 44-31 at the break.
Bradley (4-4) pulled to within 62-57 with 8:27 left, but Butler put the game out of reach with an 11-0 run. The Bulldogs were 13-for-27 from 3-point range for the game.
Willie Veasely finished with 13 points for Butler.
Eddren McCain led Bradley with a career-high 18 points. Sam Maniscalco added 17 points and Theron Wilson added 15 points for the Braves.
- Butler beats Bradley 87-75
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four