Wildcats beat Aztecs
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP)—Jordan Hill scored 25 points and Jamelle Horne had all 8 of his points down the stretch as Arizona beat San Diego State 69-56 Wednesday night.
Hill, who had his seventh double-double of the season by adding 14 rebounds, had three free throws and Horne had a breakaway away dunk in the final 53 seconds to help Arizona (6-2) score the final 11 points of the game.
San Diego State (7-2) didn’t score the final 4:16 after D.J. Gay hit a pair of free throws to trim the Wildcats lead to 58-56.
Horne was scoreless before making four free throws and a follow-up dunk to put Arizona ahead 62-56 with 3:01 remaining.
Chase Budinger added 14 points for the Wildcats while Nic Wise had 13.
Tim Shelton led the Aztecs with 13 points.
- Two first-round upsets Las Vegas odds suggest will happen
- Peter Jok scores 23, Iowa upsets No. 25 Iowa State 78-64
- No. 2 UCLA returns to college basketball's upper echelon
- Late free throw gives Indiana State win over No. 16 Butler
- No. 7 North Carolina holds off Davidson 83-74
- Watson scores season-high 25, No. 10 Creighton beats Huskers