Eastern Kentucky defeats Covenant 93-50
RICHMOND, Ky. (AP)—Mike Rose scored a career-high 33 points to lead Eastern Kentucky to a 93-50 win over Covenant on Tuesday night.
Rose scored 19 of his points in a first half which saw the Colonels (6-3) post a 49-26 lead heading into the locker room.
Eastern Kentucky used a 14-0 run five minutes into the contest to go ahead 24-8.
In the second half the Colonels made 7 of 16 shots from 3-point range leading toward a 93-49 advantage with 1:43 left to play.
Joining Rose in double digits for Eastern Kentucky were Papa Oppong with 13 points and Jorge Camacho with 10.
Covenant was led by Reed Crosson with 16 points. J.R. Avery added 14 points and Chris Hall had a game-high 12 rebounds for the Scots.
The Colonels committed a season-low seven turnovers while tallying 10 steals.
- Eastern Kentucky defeats Covenant 93-50
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look