Brown defeats Hartford 72-62
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP)—Matt Mullery scored 22 points and Adrian Williams got 19 as Brown beat Hartford 72-62 on Tuesday night. The scores were career highs for both.
Chris Skrelja grabbed 13 rebounds for the Bears (4-5), who snapped a two-game losing streak and beat the Hawks (3-7) for the fifth straight time.
Morgan Sabia led Hartford with 18 points, while Joe Zeglinski chipped in 14.
Williams, the son of former NFL quarterback Doug Williams, scored 16 points in the opening half to help Brown to a 42-23 lead at intermission.
Brown cooled off in the second half, shooting 28.6 percent compared with 55.6 percent in the opener.
Zeglinski scored eight points early in the second half as the Hawks cut their deficit to eight. But a Williams layup and a 3-pointer by Skrelja let Brown coast down the stretch.
- No. 3 Kansas beats Oklahoma to tie for Big 12 lead
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims