Brown defeats Hartford 72-62
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP)—Matt Mullery scored 22 points and Adrian Williams got 19 as Brown beat Hartford 72-62 on Tuesday night. The scores were career highs for both.
Chris Skrelja grabbed 13 rebounds for the Bears (4-5), who snapped a two-game losing streak and beat the Hawks (3-7) for the fifth straight time.
Morgan Sabia led Hartford with 18 points, while Joe Zeglinski chipped in 14.
Williams, the son of former NFL quarterback Doug Williams, scored 16 points in the opening half to help Brown to a 42-23 lead at intermission.
Brown cooled off in the second half, shooting 28.6 percent compared with 55.6 percent in the opener.
Zeglinski scored eight points early in the second half as the Hawks cut their deficit to eight. But a Williams layup and a 3-pointer by Skrelja let Brown coast down the stretch.
- Brown defeats Hartford 72-62
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook