Army beats Bryant 59-48
SMITHFIELD, R.I. (AP)—John Moonshower and Jesse Steele scored 11 points apiece as Army snapped a six-game losing streak with a 59-48 win over Bryant on Monday night.
Army (2-6, 0-0 Patriot League) spotted the Bulldogs (1-5) an early lead before streaking to an 11-0 run that put them ahead for good. Steele knocked down consecutive 3-point field goals and Marcus Nelson added another in the spurt. Army led 32-20 at the half.
Moonshower finished 3 of 6 from 3-point range and also had four assists. Steele had 3 of 5 in 21 minutes of play.
Cecil Gresham scored 14 points, including four treys, and seven rebounds for Bryant. Peter Lambert had 11 points for the Bulldogs.
Bryant is in the first year of a transition to Division I and will join the Northeast Conference in 2012.
- Army beats Bryant 59-48
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook