Graham’s steal lifts San Jose State over San Diego
SAN DIEGO (AP)—Justin Graham hit the go-ahead basket with 11 seconds left then sealed the win with a steal and two free throws as San Jose State beat San Diego 56-52 Monday.
Tim Pierce led San Jose State (3-3) with 23 points, including 21 in the second half. He hit five 3-pointers in the second half and hit two free throws with 37 seconds left to tie the score at 52-52.
Graham drove to the basket and hit an off-balance 8-footer in the lane to put the Spartans ahead 54-52. He then stripped the ball from Matt Dorr on San Diego’s next possession and was fouled before making both free throws with 1.9 seconds left.
Gyno Pomare led San Diego (4-5) with 18 points as he moved into third place on the school’s all-time scoring list with 1,408 points.
- How college campuses reacted to Osama bin Laden’s death
- No. 2 Maryland overpowers Bowie State 93-62
- Big Week: South Carolina could move to top of SEC standings
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson