Graham’s steal lifts San Jose State over San Diego
SAN DIEGO (AP)—Justin Graham hit the go-ahead basket with 11 seconds left then sealed the win with a steal and two free throws as San Jose State beat San Diego 56-52 Monday.
Tim Pierce led San Jose State (3-3) with 23 points, including 21 in the second half. He hit five 3-pointers in the second half and hit two free throws with 37 seconds left to tie the score at 52-52.
Graham drove to the basket and hit an off-balance 8-footer in the lane to put the Spartans ahead 54-52. He then stripped the ball from Matt Dorr on San Diego’s next possession and was fouled before making both free throws with 1.9 seconds left.
Gyno Pomare led San Diego (4-5) with 18 points as he moved into third place on the school’s all-time scoring list with 1,408 points.
- Graham's steal lifts San Jose State over San Diego
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done