Ohio beats Indiana State 62-50
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP)—Steven Coleman scored 11 of his 16 points in the second half to lead Ohio past Indiana State 62-50 in the Marques Maybin Classic on Monday.
Jerome Tillman led the Bobcats (4-3) with 18 points and 16 rebounds and Justin Orr added 15 points for Ohio, which took control in the second half to salvage a victory in the round robin tournament that also featured No. 9 Louisville and Lamar.
Aaron Carter and Jay Tunnell paced Indiana State (1-7) with 20 points each, but the Sycamores shot just 29 percent in the second half and committed 18 turnovers.
The Bobcats led 27-25 at the break but took control early in the second half, stifling the Sycamores on defense and riding Coleman and Tillman to victory.
Coleman hit a 3-pointer and a layup to give Ohio a 53-41 lead with 6:55 remaining and the Sycamores would get no closer than eight the rest of the way.
- John Calipari: No Kentucky players are draft-ready right now
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the west returns and defense triumphs
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch