Fairleigh Dickinson tops Monmouth 71-67
WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J. (AP)—Terence Grier hit a layup and Sean Baptiste added two free throws, all in the final seconds, as Fairleigh Dickinson snapped a six-game losing streak with a 71-67 victory over Monmouth on Monday night.
Fairleigh Dickinson used a 14-3 run to overcome a 15-point deficit in the second half. Grier’s layup with 22 seconds left gave the Knights (1-6, 1-1 NEC) a 69-67 lead. Alvin Mofunanya stole a Monmouth inbounds pass with 1.6 seconds remaining, and Baptiste added the free throws with a second left to seal the victory.
Baptiste scored 23 points, Mofunanya added 20 and Cameron Tyler 17 in the win.
Mike Myers Keitt led Monmouth (1-9, 0-2) with 20 points, and Alex Nunner finished with 10.
- Meet the true freshman who must fill in for Jio Fontan at USC
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare