Lehigh rallies past Albany NY 65-64
BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP)—Zahir Carrington grabbed a rebound and dropped in a layup with three seconds left to lead Lehigh to a 65-64 victory over Albany, N.Y., on Monday night.
Carrington, who finished with six points, grabbed the rebound of Bob Keefer’s missed jumper and misfired with a jumper before getting his own rebound and hitting the game-winning basket.
A basket by Tim Ambrose had given Albany a 64-63 lead with 41 seconds left.
Marquis Hall scored 23 points, and Michael Ojo added 12 for Lehigh (6-3), which overcame 9-for-23 shooting in the first half with 15-for-28 sniping in the second half.
Will Harris scored 21 points and Ambrose finished with 17 for Albany (5-4), which shot 23-for-61 (38 percent) in the loss.
- Watch Jay Bilas and Dick Vitale get very angry with each other
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics