Canisius 52, St. Peter’s 76
JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP)—Wesley Jenkins scored a game-high 27 points— including seven 3-pointers—as St. Peter’s rolled to a 76-52 win over Canisius on Sunday.
Nick Leon added 17 points and eight rebounds and Ryan Bacon had 11 points, 10 boards and three blocked shots for the Peacocks (2-5, 1-1 in Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference).
Frank Turner had 10 points, six rebounds and four assists for the Golden Griffins (3-5, 0-2), who hit just 33.3 percent from the field and committed 19 turnovers.
Canisius led early on, but St. Peter’s closed the first half with a 24-9 run that gave them a 40-26 lead at the break. The Peacocks then continued to dominate the Golden Griffins in the second half, leading by as many as 29 points.
- Guard Ryne Smith emerges as Purdue's third scoring threat
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- Iowa State's Prohm adds former Alabama coach to staff
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network