Kangas’ 22 lead Oakland to 67-58 win over Toledo
ROCHESTER, Mich. (AP)—Erik Kangas scored 22 points, including his 1,000th career point, to lead Oakland University to a 67-58 win over Toledo on Sunday.
Keith Benson had 17 and Drew Maynard added 12 for the Golden Grizzlies (5-5).
Tyrone Kent led the Rockets (2-6) with 13 and Anthony Byrd added 12.
Oakland led 28-19 at the half but Toledo scored the first seven points of the second half and Byrd’s three pointer with 14:51 left gave the Rockets a 31-30 lead.
The teams traded the lead for the next six minutes before Kangas’ 3-pointer put Oakland ahead for good at 40-37 with 8:41 left.
Kangas scored his 1,000th point on a jumper with 7:33 left in the first half.
- Kangas' 22 lead Oakland to 67-58 win over Toledo
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0