N. Carolina A&T defeats Norfolk St. 93-66
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Nicholas Wilson scored 26 points to lead North Carolina A&T to a 93-66 win against Norfolk State in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference opener for both teams on Saturday.
Wilson, who shot 9-for-14 from the field, was one of four Aggies players to score in double figures. Robert Johnson scored 16, Tavarus Alston had 14 and Ed Jones chipped in with 10 for North Carolina A&T (5-3, 1-0 MEAC).
Michael Deloach led the Spartans (1-5, 0-1) with 26 points and Corey Lyons added 20.
The Aggies outrebounded the Spartans 48-36 in the game, and led 42-27 at halftime.
- Marcus Jordan leads Central Florida to its biggest win ever
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78