VMI 114, N.C.-Asheville 105
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP)—Chavis Holmes scored 29 points and his twin brother Travis added 26 to lead Virginia Military Institute to a 114-105 win over North Carolina-Asheville on Saturday night.
The Keydets (6-2, 2-0 Big South Conference) shot 55.6 percent from the 3-point line (15 of 27).
VMI tallied 14 steals as UNC Asheville (3-5, 1-1) turned the ball over 20 times. Travis had six steals for the Keydets.
Reid August scored 29 points to lead all five Bulldogs starters in double figures. John Williams notched 18 points, Sean Smith added 17 and Jason Ridenhour and J.P. Primm scored 15 and 14.
- Milum scores 22 to lead Akron to 80-44 rout of Bowling Green
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team