CORAOPOLIS, Pa. (AP)—Stefan Perunicic scored 28 points and Ricky Cadell had 19 to lead St. Francis, N.Y. to an 87-79 victory over Robert Morris in the Northeast Conference opener for both teams on Thursday.
Kayode Ayeni added 14 points for St. Francis (2-4) and Jamaal Womack added 11.
Jeremy Chappell had 22 points for Robert Morris (3-4) while Jimmy Langhurst and Mezie Nwigwe each had 11.
The teams battled for the lead in the first half, which St. Francis finished with a 43-40 edge.
Robert Morris took a brief one-point lead in the opening minutes of the second half and got within one point several times after that, but St. Francis maintained a narrow lead and stretched it to an 11-point advantage, 75-64, on a 3-pointer by Justin Newton with 3:11 remaining.
- Dunk of the Year nominee: Tennessee guard Scotty Hopson
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold