Morehead State defeats Tennessee-Martin 80-71
MOREHEAD, Ky. (AP)—Morehead State’s Demonte Harper scored a career-high 22 points, with 20 coming in the second half, as the Eagles defeated Tennessee-Martin 80-71 on Thursday night.
Harper was 8 of 19 from the field and added five assists, four steals, four rebounds and two blocks.
Tennessee-Martin (2-4, 0-1 Ohio Valley Conference) led by as many as seven points in the first half before the Eagles (2-6, 1-0) rallied to tie the game at 35 at halftime on a 3-pointer by Terrance Hill.
A Robert Murry free throw with 4:49 remaining put Morehead State up for good.
For the Eagles, Leon Buchanan finished with 16 points, Maze Stallworth added 13 and Kenneth Faried had 10 points and 12 rebounds.
Lester Hudson topped the Skyhawks with 24 points and 10 rebounds. Marquis Weddle and Benzor Simmons scored 13 and 12 points, respectively.
- Penn State passes on Larry Brown. Was that the right choice?
- Tough road awaits surging Wisconsin, back in Big Ten picture
- Mississippi's Saiz returns from eye injury
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58