Missouri St. downs Ark.-Little Rock 59-37
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP)—Kyle Weems scored 12 points off the bench to lead Missouri State to a 59-37 win over Arkansas-Little Rock on Wednesday night.
Leading by 10 at halftime, Missouri State (3-2) opened the second period with a 15-6 run that included consecutive 3-pointers by Ryan Jehle and Spencer Laurie to go up 48-29 with 9:37 left.
Arkansas-Little Rock (5-1) shot 35 percent in the first half and just 13 percent in the second. The Trojans hit just two field goals in the first 16:06 of the second half, and went 1-of-12 from 3-point range for the game.
The Bears scored 23 points off 21 UALR turnovers and outrebounded the Trojans 33-28.
Laurie and Chris Cooks each scored 11 for Missouri State, while Jehle grabbed a game-high 10 rebounds.
Steven Moore was the lone Trojan to score in double figures, with 14 points.
- Iowa admits to possible NCAA violation involving Ashton Kutcher
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics