Grambling State defeats Southern-New Orleans 98-53
GRAMBLING, La. (AP)—George Akpele had 15 points and 11 rebounds as Grambling State defeated Southern-New Orleans 98-53 on Wednesday night.
Akpele was one of six Tigers in double figures, including all but one starter. Ibrahim Kpaka scored 14 points, followed by 13 from Andrew Prestley and 12 from Marcus Coleman. Jamal Breaux and Quincy Hally had 15 and 12 off the bench, respectively.
The Tigers (2-4) scored 58 points in the paint, while shooting 57.1 percent from the field (20 of 35).
Grambling State had 20 assists as Ariece Perkins had seven and Kevin Loyd dished out six.
Clipton Warren led Southern-New Orleans (0-6) with 14 points followed by Kenneth Smith with 10.
The Tigers outrebounded Southern-New Orleans 53-23, including nine by Breaux and eight by Prestley.
- Grambling State defeats Southern-New Orleans 98-53
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending