Lewis leads San Diego to win
SAN DIEGO (AP)—Chris Lewis scored a career-high 19 points and Roberto Mafra added 13 to lead San Diego to an 82-48 win over San Diego Christian on Saturday.
Lewis, starting for the second time this season, was 7-for-11 from the floor, including 3-for-4 from 3-point range. Lewis also led all players with seven rebounds.
San Diego (3-3), coming off consecutive double-digit losses to No. 25 Wisconsin and 22nd-ranked Miami, shot 58.8 percent from the field against its NAIA opponent.
James Green led San Diego Christian (2-3) with 10 points and Craig Jackson added nine.
Brandon Johnson scored 10 points and had seven assists off the bench for the Toreros, who took the lead for good at 9-8. San Diego held the Eagles to only 38 percent shooting from the field and held a 36-21 edge in rebounding.
- Create a caption: The national title game’s most unlikely duo
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne