AMES, Iowa (AP)—Craig Brackins scored 20 points for Iowa State as the Cyclones slowly pulled away from winless Mississippi Valley State before winning 77-59 on Saturday afternoon.
Wes Eikmeier chipped in 13 points for Iowa State, and Bryan Peterson added nine points and posted nine rebounds for the Cyclones.
The first half ended in a 28-28 tie. The teams continued to match each other point-for-point until Iowa State (4-3) broke the game open in the second half with a dunk from Brackins.
An Alex Thompson jumper, a 3-pointer by Bryan Peterson and two Brackins baskets from the paint completed the run that gave Iowa State a 44-37 lead with 12 minutes to play. The Cyclones kept the lead for the remainder of the game.
Shannon Behling scored 21 points and had six rebounds for the Delta Devils (0-8).
- No. 23 Oregon beats Stanford 77-66
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win