DePaul beats Detroit 71-62
ROSEMONT, Ill. (AP)—Dar Tucker scored 16 of his 22 points in the second half to lead DePaul to a 71-62 win over Detroit on Wednesday night.
Tucker kept DePaul (3-0) ahead by scoring 10 straight points during a stretch in the second half.
With DePaul leading 48-44, Tucker hit a 3-pointer to start a 7-0 run. After Matija Poscic’s free throw, Mac Koshwal had a three-point play to give the Blue Demons a 55-44 lead with 6:07 left.
Koshwal finished with 18 points and nine rebounds. He led DePaul with 11 points in the first half, and the Blue Demons led 27-25 at halftime.
DePaul raised its field-goal shooting after the break, rising to 61 percent from 32 percent in the first half.
Xavier Keeling and Donavan Foster each led Detroit (1-3) with 15 points.
- Harvard beats Boston College (again), 74-67
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold