Rutty’s 30 points leads Quinnipiac over Maine
ORONO, Maine (AP)—Justin Rutty scored a career-high 30 points to help Quinnipiac beat Maine 73-66 on Tuesday night.
Rutty, whose previous high was 14, was 13-for-16 from the field and is shooting 68.9 percent on the season for the Bobcats (3-2).
Leading 39-38 early in the second half, Quinnipiac went on a 15-3 run to take its largest lead of the game with just over six minutes left. The Black Bears would never challenge the rest of the game.
Gerald McLemore scored 19 points and Mark Socoby added 14 for Maine (3-2).
- Christian Laettner's mom cried when he chose Duke over UNC
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team