Lin scores 30 to lead Harvard past HC, 69-59
BOSTON (AP)—Jeremy Lin scored 19 of his 30 points in the second half as Harvard defeated Holy Cross on Tuesday, 69-59.
With Harvard up 53-52 with five minutes to play, Lin scored seven straight points to put the game away.
Lin sported a bandage over his right eye for most of the game after getting scratched in the opening minutes, but still managed to hit 9-of-15 from the field, including 4-of-5 from 3-point range. He added nine rebounds, four steals and three assists.
Keith Wright had 12 rebounds for Harvard (2-1).
Greg McCarthy led Holy Cross with 18 points, eight rebounds and four steals. Eric Meister and R.J. Evans each added 10 points for Holy Cross (2-3)
Harvard shot just 33 percent from the field but made 32 of 39 free throw attempts.
- Terrence Jones surprised his mom with a new car on Mother’s Day
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team