Siena beats Cornell 64-56
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP)—Kenny Hasbrouck scored 22 points and grabbed five rebounds as Siena beat Cornell 74-56 on Saturday.
Ryan Rossiter added 10 points and snagged a game high 15 rebounds for the Saints. Alex Franklin added 15 points, and Edwin Ubiles scored 12.
Jeff Foote led Cornell with 14 points and nine rebounds. Geoff Reeves added 13 points for the Big Red, and Ryan Whittman chipped in 11.
Cornell (2-2) got on the board first, and the two teams traded baskets in the first period, keeping the score tied or within four points one way or the other. Siena held a 30-26 halftime lead.
The Saints (2-0) widened the lead with a 17-7 run, capped by a layup by Ryan Rossiter at 6:48, and the Big Red never came within 10 points for the rest of the game.
Siena shot 47.6 percent from the floor and made seven out of 10 free throws. Cornell was 35 percent on shooting and made seven out of its 13 shots from the charity stripe.
- Where does Wednesday rank among Duke wins over UNC?
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56