LAS CRUCES, N.M. (AP)—Jahmar Young scored 21 points and Wendell McKines had six of his 18 points during a key 16-2 second-half run, leading New Mexico State to a 90-66 win over Pepperdine on Friday night.
Jonathan Gibson scored 20 points and Troy Gillenwater had 19 for the Aggies (2-1).
Gillenwater made a 3-point basket for a 77-61 lead and Gibson followed on New Mexico State’s next possession with another 3-pointer at the 4-minute mark as the Aggies pulled away.
Taylor Darby led the Waves (1-3) with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
It was the first meeting between the two schools since Pepperdine’s 84-69 NIT victory in 1989.
- The highs and lows of the NCAA tournament’s new TV coverage
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal
- Villanova No. 1 in AP college hoops poll for first time
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee
- White-hot Warney leads Stony Brook past Hartford 85-72
- Chattanooga gets 72-66 OT win over Mercer in SoCon showdown