Akognon scores 25 to lead Fullerton rout
FULLERTON, Calif. (AP)—Josh Akognon scored 25 points and made six of 11 shots from 3-point range to lead Cal State Fullerton’s 106-60 rout of Hope International on Thursday night.
Jacques Streeter added 13 points and 12 assists for the Titans (2-1). Gerard Anderson, Ray Miller and Chris Rhymes contributed 12 points apiece, as Fullerton shot 59.7 percent.
Buai Tut scored 15 points for the Royals (0-2), an NAIA team that lost 26 of 27 games last season.
Fullerton held a 22-18 lead before using a 17-2 surge to build a 39-20 advantage with 8:04 left in the first half. Hope International scored one point during a span of 6:15.
The Titans led by 30 points at halftime and by as many as 52 late in the game.
- George Mason 57, Delaware 52
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne