Texas A&M defeats Stephen F. Austin 55-48
COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP)—Texas A&M’s Bryan Davis scored 16 points and had a key block as Texas A&M avoided an upset with a 55-48 victory over Stephen F. Austin Tuesday night.
The Aggies led 44-42 with 4:41 remaining when Stephen F. Austin’s Matt Kingsley appeared to have an easy basket inside, but Davis blocked the shot.
Nathan Walkup helped seal the victory with a 17-foot jump shot from the left corner as the shot clock expired with 1:09 remaining, lifting the Aggies (2-0) to a 48-42 lead.
Stephen F. Austin (1-1) and the Aggies were tied 29-29 at the half.
Davis and Donald Sloan each scored 16 to lead Texas A&M. Josh Alexander scored 21 for the Lumberjacks.
A&M overcame a poor shooting night from Josh Carter, who finished 1 of 6 from the field after scoring 23 points in the Aggies? season-opening victory over Arkansas-Pine Bluff.
- Did Rasheed Wallace poke fun at Roy Williams with red hoodie?
- Hield's 3-pointer lifts No. 3 Oklahoma past No. 24 Texas
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72