Liberty 56, N.C.-Asheville 84
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP)—J.P. Primm scored 21 points and Sean Smith added 17 to lead North Carolina-Asheville past Liberty 84-56 in the teams’ Big South opener Tuesday.
Reid Augst finished with 13 points to help the Bulldogs start 3-0 for the second straight year. They shot 49 percent, held a 49-31 rebounding advantage and were 9-of-17 from 3-point range to claim a victory in the earliest Big South game in school history.
Freshman Seth Curry—the younger brother of Davidson’s Stephen Curry—had 18 points and preseason Big South player of the year Anthony Smith added 13 points for Liberty (1-1, 0-1).
The Bulldogs never trailed, led by 10 midway through the first half and held a 49-30 halftime lead.
UNC Asheville’s perfect record will be tested in a hurry—next up are road games at No. 14 Tennessee and No. 1 North Carolina.
- Mychal Thompson reacts to Klay Thompson's marijuana arrest
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69