Quinnipiac beats Army 66-64 in OT
HAMDEN, Conn. (AP)—Jeremy Baker’s putback with 2 seconds left gave Quinnipiac a 66-64 win over Army in overtime on Monday night.
James Feldeine led the Bobcats with 24 points. Baker added 18 and James Johnson added eight points.
Feldeine hit his first five shots of the game, four of them three-pointers and had 16 points at halftime as Quinnipiac took a 39-25 lead into intermission.
But Army rallied and tied the game at 56 the end of regulation on a three-pointer by Nathan Hedgecock.
Army (1-1) was led by Cleveland Richard with 15 points. Josh Miller added 14 and Tyrell Thompson had 13 points.
Quinnipiac (2-0) never trailed in overtime but watched the Black Knights tie the contest at 64 on a corner jumper by Richard.
- Indiana guard Oladipo shows he has talents besides basketball
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- No. 5 Xavier having best season with lot of room yet to grow
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Auburn will be without leading scorer against Tennessee
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65