Fisher has 15 in Kent St. win over N.C. Central
KENT, Ohio (AP)—Al Fisher scored 15 points to lead five Kent State players in double digits Monday night as the Golden Flashes beat North Carolina Central 83-42 at home in the first round of the South Padre Island Invitational.
Chris Singletary had 12 points, while Rashad Woods came off the bench to score 11 for Kent (1-0). Brandon Parks added 10, and Anthony Simpson had another 10 from the bench. Fisher had eight rebounds.
Vincent Davis, was the only Eagles player in double digits. Stevy Worah-Ozimo had a game high 11 rebounds for NCCU (0-2).
Kent State scored 34 of its points on 29 turnovers, more than three times NCCU’s 11 points off turnovers.
The Flashes held the lead from the start of the game, pulling ahead 13-0 by the 16:26 mark and heading into halftime up 40-17.
It was Kent’s first game with head coach Geno Ford, who took over this spring after Jim Christian left for Texas Christian.
- Fisher has 15 in Kent St. win over N.C. Central
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team