Florida International defeats Monmouth, N.J. 80-61
Miami (AP)—Michael Dominguez scored 22 points and Nikola Gacesa added 20 as Florida International defeated Monmouth 80-61 Monday night.
Russell Hicks added 12 points, and Cedric Essola had a game-high 10 rebounds as the Golden Panthers (2-0)forced 13 turnovers.
Travis Taylor led the way for Monmouth (0-2), scoring 13 points and grabbing five rebounds.
Florida International had a good night from behind the 3-point arc, hitting 8 of 16 shots. The Golden Panthers also out rebounded Monmouth 36-26 in the victory.
Florida International went into the locker room leading Monmouth 43-24 before the teams scored 39 points each in the second half.
- A-10 Preview: Ex-Xavier star Byron Larkin projects the league
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Sherrod sets record; Yale beats Columbia 86-72
- Providence adjusting from latest bite from injury bug