Montreat 78, N.C.-Asheville 91
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP)—Sophomore forward John Williams was one of four UNC-Asheville players in double figures Sunday in a 91-78 win over neighboring Montreat.
Williams scored 14 points, grabbed 11 rebounds and also blocked four shots for the Bulldogs (2-0). Donovan Jones came off the bench to score 14 points, while Reid Augst and freshman Matt Dickey had 11 points apiece.
UNC-Asheville led by as many 25 points in the second half before Montreat rallied to cut the lead to nine at 84-75 with 2:30 remaining. The Bulldogs scored the next five points to seal the victory.
The Cavaliers (1-3) had five players in double figures. Vincent Dombroski came off the bench to score a game-high 16 points and Terrell Mosley chipped in 15 points. MJ Njoku added 13 points and Matt Rushing and Seth Moore had 10 points apiece.
- Dyson leads Austin Peay over E. Illinois 88-83
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska