Louisiana Tech defeats Louisiana-Lafayette 61-59
LAFAYETTE, La. (AP)—Jamel Guyton scored 27 points to help Louisiana Tech to a 61-59 victory over Louisiana-Lafayette in the season opener for both teams on Saturday night.
Rolle and Olu Ashaolu scored eight points each for the Bulldogs, and Kenneth Cooper chipped in seven and a game-high 11 rebounds. The Bulldogs outscored the Ragin’ Cajuns 35-27 in the second half after trailing by six points at the halftime, and a 13-4 Louisiana Tech run in the final six minutes sealed the win against its in-state rival.
Travis Bureau scored 19 points for the Ragin’ Cajuns, and La’Ryan Gary added 11 points and a team-high eight rebounds.
Louisiana Tech shot 43.5 percent from the field compared to Louisiana-Lafayette, who shot 37.3 percent.
- Louisiana Tech defeats Louisiana-Lafayette 61-59
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending