CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP)—Charles Jenkins scored 19 points, including seven in overtime, to lead Hofstra to a 71-68 victory over Western Michigan Saturday in a second-round game of the Charleston Classic.
Tony Dennison added 18 for the Pride (1-1).
David Kool led Western Michigan (0-2) with 24 points—19 in the second half.
With Hofstra trailing 59-58, Pride center Dane Johnson made one of two free throws to tie the game with 13.6 seconds to play. Kool missed a baseline jumper for the Broncos and the game went to overtime.
Western Michigan led 31-26 at the half after holding Hofstra to 4-of-27 shooting from the field.
Hofstra will play East Tennessee State (1-1), and Western Michigan (0-2) faces Southern Illinois-Edwardsville (0-2) on Saturday.
- South Florida beats No. 19 Louisville 58-51
- Villanova No. 1 in AP college hoops poll for first time
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- South Florida-Louisville Preview
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win