Idaho State posts 75-70 win over Eastern Oregon
POCATELLO, Idaho (AP)—Amorrow Morgan scored two free throws in the final seconds and a layup near the buzzer as Idaho State won its opening game of the season 75-70 against NAIA Eastern Oregon on Friday night.
With ISU up 71-70 with 13.7 seconds left, Morgan, who finished with 12 points, hit two of four free throws on consecutive trips to the line before adding his layup.
Center Lucas Stein led Idaho State (1-0) with 16 points, forward Demetrius Monroe had 14 and guard Matt Stucki added 13. Monroe also led ISU with 12 rebounds, and had three blocked shots, two steals and two assists.
Guard Kris Groce scored 20 points for Eastern Oregon (4-1), forward Neil Fryer added 16 and guard Jeremy Templeton had 10. Fryer and forward Paul Carollo had seven rebounds apiece.
- Funny TV blooper precedes Dayton-Xavier game
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78
- No. 9 Virginia pulls away from Pitt 64-50