Georgia Southern crushes Reinhardt 96-61
Statesboro, Ga. (AP)—Georgia Southern beat Reinhardt 96-61, extending their home-opening win streak to 28 games. The Eagles were led by Antonio Hanson, who scored 19 points on 7-for-9 shooting. GSU also extended their non-conference home winning streak to 25, a run that dates back to 2002.
Tyler Troupe contributed 15 points and 12 rebounds for the Eagles (2-1). Georgia Southern shot 65.4% (17-for-26) from the floor in the first half and 59.3% (35-for-59) for the game. The Eagles had four players score in double figures.
Mario Mason scored 14 points to lead Reinhardt (1-2). Reinhardt trailed 20-18 with 11:36 to play in the first half, but GSU scored the next five points and reeled off a 12-2 run. The Eagles finished the half on a 12-2 spurt to lead 44-26 at the break.
- Wisseh scores 16 to lead Long Island U. over Army 64-54
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69