Florida A&M defeats Md-Eastern Shore in MEAC tournament
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP)—Lamar Twitty scored 19 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to lead Florida A&M to a 70-61 victory over Maryland-Eastern Shore in a first-round game of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference tournament.
The sixth-seeded Rattlers (15-16) are the defending MEAC tournament champions and have won six in a row. They will face third-seeded Norfolk State in the quarterfinals Thursday.
Akini Akini and Leslie Robinson scored 13 points each for Florida A&M.
Ed Tyson of Maryland-Eastern Shore (4-28) led all scorers with 28 points. Marc Davis scored 12 points for the Hawks, who started the second half with a 16-5 run to cut the Rattlers’ lead to 37-36.
But Robinson nailed two 3-pointers down the stretch to assure the Rattlers of victory.
- Calipari writes about “Players-First” not student-athletes
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims