Florida A&M defeats Md-Eastern Shore in MEAC tournament
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP)—Lamar Twitty scored 19 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to lead Florida A&M to a 70-61 victory over Maryland-Eastern Shore in a first-round game of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference tournament.
The sixth-seeded Rattlers (15-16) are the defending MEAC tournament champions and have won six in a row. They will face third-seeded Norfolk State in the quarterfinals Thursday.
Akini Akini and Leslie Robinson scored 13 points each for Florida A&M.
Ed Tyson of Maryland-Eastern Shore (4-28) led all scorers with 28 points. Marc Davis scored 12 points for the Hawks, who started the second half with a 16-5 run to cut the Rattlers’ lead to 37-36.
But Robinson nailed two 3-pointers down the stretch to assure the Rattlers of victory.
- Florida A&M defeats Md-Eastern Shore in MEAC tournament
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look