Eggleston scores 15 as Penn defeats Princeton 60-47
PRINCETON, N.J. (AP)—Jack Eggleston scored 15 points to lead Penn over Princeton 60-47 in their annual Ivy League finale.
Nothing was at stake but pride this year as Princeton (6-23, 3-11) and Penn (13-18, 8-6) finished out unimpressive seasons.
Zach Finley collected 13 points for Princeton as his team committed 20 turnovers.
Tyler Bernardini scored 11 points for Penn—all in the second half—as the Quakers, who led by four at the half, gradually pulled away. Brian Grandieri contributed 10 points, eight rebounds, two assists and three steals in his final Penn outing.
This is the first season in 20 years that neither team walked away from their last matchup without the Ivy League title. Cornell won the league and will represent the Ivies at the NCAA tournament.
- Proof that Gus Johnson enjoys King Cobra malt liquor
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case