Maric has double-double, Nebraska rolls over Colorado 68-49
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP)—Aleks Maric had 17 points, 16 rebounds and six assists to pace Nebraska toward a 22-point halftime lead and 68-49 win over Colorado on Sunday.
Nebraska (18-11, 7-9 Big 12) built the big halftime lead by forcing 12 turnovers and holding the Buffaloes to five field goals.
Nebraska opened a 15-2 lead on Maric’s free throw with 11 minutes remaining in the first half. Colorado (11-19, 3-12) cut the lead to nine twice, but the Huskers closed the half with a 16-3 run. Nebraska went up by 20 on Sek Henry’s steal, layup and free throw with just under three minutes left and ended the half with a 3-pointer from Paul Velander that made the score 36-14.
Nebraska opened the second half with a 12-4 run, going up by 30 points on Steve Harley’s dunk with 14:28 left. Nebraska’s biggest lead was 34.
Velander finished with 16 points for Nebraska and Harley had 14.
Jevon Coney led Colorado with 15 points. Richard Roby, who fouled out with more than nine minutes left, had 12 points, Marcus Hall had 11.
- Maric has double-double, Nebraska rolls over Colorado 68-49
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0