Daniels scores 20 in Islanders’ 70-63 win over Sam Houston
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP)—Chris Daniels scored 20 points and grabbed eight rebounds to lead Texas A&M-Corpus Christi over Sam Houston State 70-63 on Saturday.
Matt Slatnick added 14 points and was 4-for-6 from 3-point range for the Islanders (9-20, 6-10 Southland), who broke a five-game losing streak to end its season.
Ashton Mitchell scored 13 points and John Gardiner added 11 for the Bearkats (22-7, 10-6). Sam Houston entered the game having already clinched the third seed in next week’s Southland Conference tournament.
Both teams struggled early, shooting under 40 percent in the first half. Sam Houston led most of the way and took a 32-31 lead into halftime.
- Daniels scores 20 in Islanders' 70-63 win over Sam Houston
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0