Daniels scores 20 in Islanders’ 70-63 win over Sam Houston
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP)—Chris Daniels scored 20 points and grabbed eight rebounds to lead Texas A&M-Corpus Christi over Sam Houston State 70-63 on Saturday.
Matt Slatnick added 14 points and was 4-for-6 from 3-point range for the Islanders (9-20, 6-10 Southland), who broke a five-game losing streak to end its season.
Ashton Mitchell scored 13 points and John Gardiner added 11 for the Bearkats (22-7, 10-6). Sam Houston entered the game having already clinched the third seed in next week’s Southland Conference tournament.
Both teams struggled early, shooting under 40 percent in the first half. Sam Houston led most of the way and took a 32-31 lead into halftime.
- Purdue unveils new logo that’s strikingly similar to its old one
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan