Holder scores 20 for Texas State in 97-86 win over UT-Arlington
SAN MARCOS, Texas (AP)—Brent Holder scored 20 points for Texas State, which came from behind to beat Texas-Arlington 97-86 on Saturday.
Brandon Bush scored 15 points and pulled down seven rebounds. Matt Fullenwider added 11 points for the Bobcats (13-16, 6-10 Southland), who finished the season without qualifying for the conference postseason tourney.
With the loss, Texas-Arlington dropped to the No. 7 seed in the tournament, which will be played next week in Katy.
The game was tied at 49 at the half, but the Mavericks built a 12-point lead in the second. Rog’er Guignard led the Mavericks with 15 points, while Larry Posey scored 14 points and had eight rebounds.
Rodd Epps had 11 points for Texas-Arlington (18-11, 7-9).
Texas-Arlington’s turnovers and a hot shooting streak from the Bobcats helped Texas State take the lead. The Bobcats also hit key free throws, going 25-of-32 from the foul line.
- Holder scores 20 for Texas State in 97-86 win over UT-Arlington
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown