Holder scores 20 for Texas State in 97-86 win over UT-Arlington
SAN MARCOS, Texas (AP)—Brent Holder scored 20 points for Texas State, which came from behind to beat Texas-Arlington 97-86 on Saturday.
Brandon Bush scored 15 points and pulled down seven rebounds. Matt Fullenwider added 11 points for the Bobcats (13-16, 6-10 Southland), who finished the season without qualifying for the conference postseason tourney.
With the loss, Texas-Arlington dropped to the No. 7 seed in the tournament, which will be played next week in Katy.
The game was tied at 49 at the half, but the Mavericks built a 12-point lead in the second. Rog’er Guignard led the Mavericks with 15 points, while Larry Posey scored 14 points and had eight rebounds.
Rodd Epps had 11 points for Texas-Arlington (18-11, 7-9).
Texas-Arlington’s turnovers and a hot shooting streak from the Bobcats helped Texas State take the lead. The Bobcats also hit key free throws, going 25-of-32 from the foul line.
- Three famous alums from all 68 NCAA tournament teams
- Former Michigan State star Appling charged in new case
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team