Holder scores 20 for Texas State in 97-86 win over UT-Arlington
SAN MARCOS, Texas (AP)—Brent Holder scored 20 points for Texas State, which came from behind to beat Texas-Arlington 97-86 on Saturday.
Brandon Bush scored 15 points and pulled down seven rebounds. Matt Fullenwider added 11 points for the Bobcats (13-16, 6-10 Southland), who finished the season without qualifying for the conference postseason tourney.
With the loss, Texas-Arlington dropped to the No. 7 seed in the tournament, which will be played next week in Katy.
The game was tied at 49 at the half, but the Mavericks built a 12-point lead in the second. Rog’er Guignard led the Mavericks with 15 points, while Larry Posey scored 14 points and had eight rebounds.
Rodd Epps had 11 points for Texas-Arlington (18-11, 7-9).
Texas-Arlington’s turnovers and a hot shooting streak from the Bobcats helped Texas State take the lead. The Bobcats also hit key free throws, going 25-of-32 from the foul line.
- Montana St. 60, Southern Miss. 68
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons