Dia’s double-doubles pushes SMU past Rice 61-58
HOUSTON (AP)—Papa Dia scored 20 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to lead SMU to a 61-58 win Saturday over Rice, which ended the regular season without a victory in Conference USA.
Bamba Fall added 14 points off the bench for SMU (10-19, 4-12). Dia’s double-double was the freshman’s third of the season.
Lawrence Ghoram scored 17 points to lead Rice (3-26, 0-16), which has lost 19 in a row heading into next week’s conference tournament. Patrick Britton added 16 points for the Owls.
Aleks Perka, who finished with nine points, tried tying the game on Rice’s final possession but missed two 3-pointers.
- Dia's double-doubles pushes SMU past Rice 61-58
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown