Five in double figures as N.C.-Wilmington beats Blue Hens
RICHMOND, Va. (AP)—Daniel Fountain scored 18 points to lead five players in double figures Saturday as second-seeded North Carolina-Wilmington took command early and cruised past Delaware 82-29 in the Colonial Athletic Association quarterfinals.
The Seahawks (20-12) had a 25-7 run in the first half that includes streaks of eight and 12 consecutive points. They were ahead 42-30 at halftime, boosted their margin as high as 24 and never let the lead dip into single digits in the final 20 minutes.
Delaware finished 14-17.
Chad Tomko added 17 points, Vladimir Kuljanin had 14, Dominique Lacy a career-best 12 and Todd Handley 10 for the Seahawks, who shot 66.7 percent in the first half and 56.5 percent overall to advance to a meeting with George Mason.
Herb Courtney led Delaware with 19 points, but scored only six after the opening 12 minutes. Brian Johnson added 12 points and Alphonso Dawson had 11.
- Five in double figures as N.C.-Wilmington beats Blue Hens
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot