Southern Miss tops Marshall 63-58
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (AP)—Southern Miss has guaranteed itself a fifth seed in the Conference USA tournament with a 63-58 win over Marshall.
Jeremy Wise scored 16 points to lead Southern Miss to the victory Saturday. The win guaranteed Southern Miss the better seeding because both schools entered the contest with identical conference records.
Southern Miss (17-13 overall, 9-7 C-USA) led at halftime 30-25 and never trailed in the second half. Marshall was held to one field goal in the final seven minutes.
Demar Dotson scored 12 and had 12 rebounds for Southern Miss. Courtney Beasley and Sai’quon Stone contributed 11 points apiece for the Golden Eagles.
Marshall (16-13, 8-8) was led by Mark Dorris’ 16 points and Tyler Wilkerson’s 14 points and 13 rebounds.
- Southern Miss tops Marshall 63-58
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four