Gerald Brown leads Loyola, Md., to 64-59 win over Fairfield
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP)—Gerald Brown scored 18 points, including the clinching dunk in the final seconds, as Loyola, Md., beat Fairfield, 64-59, in the quarterfinal round of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference tournament Saturday.
Brett Harvey added 16 points and Michael Tuck had 14 points and eight rebounds in the win.
The fourth-seeded Greyhounds (19-13) will face Siena in Sunday’s semifinals.
Jonathan Han scored 14 points and had eight assists for Fairfield. Warren Edney added 11.
Loyola watched an 18-point edge early in the second half dwindle to a 50-48 lead with 10:25 to play after a 10-1 Fairfield run.
The Stags twice got within three over the final 10 minutes but were unable to take the lead. Brown drove the lane for a dunk with 16.9 seconds to give Loyola its decisive five-point advantage.
- Greg Anthony is the visual personification of March Madness
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs