Southern University takes 76-71 OT win over Texas Southern
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP)—Chris Davis hit a clutch 3-point shot with 1:06 left in overtime and Geri Guillory scored four points in the extra period as Southern University held on to take a 76-71 victory over Texas Southern in Southwestern Athletic Conference action Saturday.
Davis ended the night with 20 points while Barry Honore had 17, Steffon Wiley scored 15 and Joseph Jack added 11 for the Jaguars (11-18, 9-9).
Texas Southern (7-24, 6-12) was led by Sollie Norward’s 20 points, while Matthew Miller had 18 and David Burrell had 11.
- Gus Gilchrist twists the knife in Gary Williams
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight